St. Paul Early Childhood Center provides an enriching, Christian environment that fosters a child's development in all aspects. The Project Based Learning approach is used to keep children engaged with hands-on learning. Project based learning is a researched based instructional approach to teaching that enables students to master academic skills and content knowledge while developing tools necessary for future success.
During the school day children are engaged in projects that are meaningful and relevant to their lives and future. Under guidance from their teachers, students explore, discuss, design, share, and reflect on their discoveries. Project based learning is integrated within the academic core content areas and helps to develop strong social, emotional, and spiritual skills.
On an average day, students will engage in a variety of lessons & activities that incorporate reading / phonics, language arts, STEM, math, and Bible.
Reading - Lucy Calkins Reader's Workshop (Guided Reading)
Phonics - Heggerty & Zoo Phonics
Math - Everyday Mathematics
Religion - One in Christ
In addition to the core content areas, our students enjoy participating in a variety of the arts. Music classes, Spanish classes, and arts and crafts are integrated into our schedule on a regular basis.
We are equipped with 2 outdoor playgrounds and a large gym, so that students can participate in a variety of gross motor and physical fitness / physical education activities.
We are proud to be an early childhood center, who serves grades Pre-K 3 yrs. through 2nd grade, and we are dedicated to providing a rich learning environment to all students.
St. Paul Early Childhood Center offers exceptional facilities! We have updated and renovated classrooms that include:
- STEM Room stocked with materials for students to further their knowledge of science, technology, engineering, and math
- Art Studio that encourages students to explore their creative side
- Library and Reading / Writing Room filled with a variety of books and writing supplies
- Music and Movement Room offering a variety of instruments, small and large motor manipulatives
- Large Gym for indoor play
- Two outdoor playgrounds for plenty of outside play
- Spanish classes
We value what's important to our school families!
- Christ-centered education
- Smaller class sizes
- Connection to the community
- Authentic assessments
- Recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education
- Certified and qualified teachers
- Differentiated instruction
- Increased health & safety standards